Friday, February 19, 2010

Progress of lack therof

I am really loving this blog thing. I just got home from school for the week and I am excited about having some time this weekend to do my project. (My daughter is going to help out with my mom.)
3D- things are not going as planned. I have tried and tried to find the perfect dress (sounds like a date.) to add to my canvas but can't seem to. So for now I am leaving a space for it and proceeding. It won't quite be 3D without it though.

I think I have a plan for my suitcase. I hope it is not too minimal.

The thing about this class is this: It has freed me up a bit to not try to make everything so serious and perfect!. I went to an art school for BFA where they weren't so nice as at JFK-lots of expectation and pressure.

My book journal is really a place where I can work things out-not as precious as a sketchbook. At first I felt bad (art school again) when I saw Bethany's and Sherri's and everyones' because they are all so beautifully done and stick to a theme. Mine is basically a mish mash of my chaotic life and very messy but now I am getting over it and having fun! Imagine that. FINALLY

1 comment:

  1. yay! and now you're gonna inspire a whole slew of folks to have fun with you through your book-mail! so cool. excited to see this dresscanvas!

    ReplyDelete